In four weeks’ time, I will be celebrating my birthday, and there’s nothing like being reminded that you’re another year older to make you reflect on the little things in life.
Since I am not one to be backwards in coming forwards, so to speak, I thought I’d share with you some of my little “pearls of wisdom”, if you will. You may not agree with them but that’s OK. I’ve learnt to accept that I can never please everyone 🙂
These are a mish-mash of things that came to mind but are in no particular order, and by no means an exhaustive list. However, you can probably guess why I have chosen to list forty 🙂
So here goes nothing!
- My mother may not always be right, but she always has my interest at heart.
- Family always comes first and will always be.
- You can choose your friends but not your family, so it’s best to accept them as they are.
- Words are mightier than the sword, so choose yours wisely. The saying “sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me” is rubbish.
- There will always be idiots doing and saying idiotic things. It’s better to ignore them and walk away. Don’t let them ruin your day.
- Choose your battles carefully. Some are just not worth the effort.
- Look at the big picture but don’t ignore the details
- Common sense is not common, otherwise there would be no such thing as planking or the Darwin Awards
- It’s not nice to call someone stupid, no matter how much you want to. People do stupid things. There’s a difference.
- I believe in God. Having Faith helps get me through the days – good and bad. Continue reading